Lincoln Public Schools is working collaboratively with the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department to create a Spectator Attendance Plan to ensure safe participation in Athletics & Student Activities. Our goal is to enable families to attend and watch their children perform. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding, and thank you in advance for honoring these parameters.
To help reduce the spread of Covid-19 we ask that all students and families attending events adhere to the following practices and recommendations:
- Self-screen before attending. If you feel ill, please do not attend.
- Wash hands frequently and properly social distance (at least 6ft).
- Family groups may sit together in less than the required physical distance, but six feet of distance should exist between groups.
- Face coverings will be required to attend any LPS event--both indoors and outside.
Due to current Covid-19 conditions in the Lincoln area, attendance at LPS-hosted athletic events will be limited. Attendance allowances are dictated by the capacity of the competition/performance venue.
- The LPS Attendance Plan limits spectators to immediate family members of those students participating in/performing at that specific event. Immediate family is defined as "all members living in the household," and will--in addition--include grandparents.
- Immediate family attendance applies to all sports and venues at this time.
- Family attendance allowances at this time will be limited to 4 spectators per student participant/performer at all venues - exceptions to this rule will be at LNS and LSW high school football fields based on capacity limitation therefore only 2 per spectators per student participant/performer will be allowed.
- If Covid-19 conditions in our community improve (based on LLCHD parameters) and it is feasible to increase attendance in the future we will communicate those changes to the public at that time.
So, each one of your varsity girls will only be allowed 4 spectators (immediate family and/or grandparents).
August 18th at Doris Bair - Field #3. As per the regulations for softball jamborees, see attached, we would play 4 innings per school.
(5:00pm) Weeping Water vs Fillmore Central (4 innings)
(TF) East vs Fillmore Central (4 innings)
(TF) East vs Weeping Water (4 innings)
Admission is $5 Adult, $4 per student.